What if you knew that….
- Your best job or a new promotion was just around the corner.
- You were finally going to be able to lose weight and get into better shape.
- The breakthrough you have prayed for has already begun and you are about to see it take place.
- Your about to experience joy so deep that its actually going to make you laugh out loud.
- Your about to receive a sum money that you were never expecting or counting on.
- You are about to find your one true love after searching for many years.
Its amazing how much time we spend imagining what will go wrong in our lives instead of what will go right. Just Imagine if we spent the same amount time imagining what will go “Right” as we do on what will go wrong. The Bible talks a lot about our thoughts and words and how they either lead us into life or death. Into the life we want to live or into the death or destruction of the life we are meant to live.
If you could imagine your future into existence what would you choose to imagine?
Here are three things you should do to change your thinking to think about the right things.
- Read the Bible. God’s word is full of what God thinks about you and your future. Just read Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. God thinks great thoughts about you and you can read them everyday.
- Write it down. Take 10 minutes today and write down all the wonderful things you would like to become or do. Have a positive goal sheet and revisit it often. While it doesn’t mean everything on it will become reality, it does mean that your life will be heading into the right direction. Write it down and revisit it often. Make changes as goals and dreams change over time.
- Talk to yourself. What are you currently saying to yourself? Is it something that you would say to your best friend or to someone you really believe in and admire? You need to be your own greatest cheerleader! Do you know how you can overcome a negative thought that you can’t stop thinking about? Talk out loud to yourself! Your tongue will overrule your mind every single time. Even if it takes several times you can win this battle when you speak positive life giving words to yourself. Your mind has to listen when you speak!
Choose today to start thinking great and mighty thoughts about yourself. God does, and He is always right!