To write a great Christian book you must do two things: First, you must write about something you are passionate about or something you are an expert in. Next, you must identify or know the audience you are writing for.
I have always felt the call to write and my latest book “Respond Up” “Turning Obstacles Into Greatness,” is a reflection of that calling. Take a few moments and experience my newest video and blog about this calling on CoachDonNewman.com
The call to write and publish a Christian book.
As I continue to build my newest website and blog at Coach Don Newman I continue to add new content and articles on how to live a victorious and overcoming life. My latest article is one my most exciting of all. I encourage you to take a look at the article below, note if you like it and sign up to receive future postings. In time I will be moving away from this site to my newest website and blog.
Here is the article on “8 Ways to Live On Beyond Your Own Lifetime.”
8 Ways to Live Beyond Your Own Lifetime.
Recently I gave a special gift to each member of my sales team. The gift was for them and it was for their grandchildren. What was this special gift? The special gift that I gave each member of my team was a nice journal to write in. To write anything they wanted to write, but to write with the idea that one day their kids and grandkids would read what they had written. I wanted them to leave a legacy in print for their grandkids and their future descendants.
Just the other day, I had a conversation with a great friend who told me what he was doing for each of his seven grandchildren. For each of his seven grandchildren he had started an individual journal to write in beginning when they were born. He would write in the journal the prayers that he prayed for them, the wisdom that he wanted to give to them and anything he thought he should tell them. Over time each journal would be filled with prayers, thoughts, prophetic words and personal expressions that would be individually directed to that individual grandchild. He would keep these journals in his home office and as time went by, each grandchild was welcome to pick up their individual journal and read what their grandfather had written for them. When each grandchild got older or got married, he would then give their individual journal to them as a gift; a gift that they could add to over time if they would like.
Can you imagine how you would have enjoyed such a gift for yourself?To actually read what your grandfather or great-grandfather thought about you? How precious it would be to have a legacy in print that you could pass on to your own children and grandchildren. While most of us were not given journals from our grandparents, we can give journals to our grandchildren.
“If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do things worth writing.” Benjamin Franklin
How to leave a legacy in print!
- Buy a nice leather journal that will last for years.
- Write about yourself. Tell your grandchildren what you want them to know about you personally.
- Write about your own family. What do you want them to know about your parents, your spouse and your own children?
- Tell stories that you want your children or grandchildren to know about. Everything from adventures, challenges, special moments in time and even those funny moments you would love for them to know about.
- Share your dreams, hopes and desires for yourself and for them. What did you dream about when you were a child?
- Write about lessons that you learned and wisdom that you acquired.
- Share personal things just for them. Things such as prayers, expressions of love and words of encouragement that you would like to say to them personally.
Whatever you do, don’t delay another day. Start today to leave a written legacy. Your words today can shape tomorrow, but only if they live past you. Make them live for hundreds of years! Start a journal today!
Follow me on Twitter or “like” the Facebook page.